belonging to the CCC Lodge on the shore of Black Moshannon Lake, near the bridge of the old tavern. Before the arrival of William Penn and his “religious society of friends” to the colonial province of Pennsylvania in 1682, it is estimated that of the 80,000 km2 of what is now Pennsylvania to 90 was covered with forests of eastern white pine, hemlock Canadian and a variety of other hardwood species. The forests near the three oldest counties, Philadelphia County, Bucks County and Chester County, were the first places where the settlers began to exploit wood available to build houses, barns and boats, in addition to clear land for agriculture.The demand for timber was increasing slowly and the arrival of the American Revolution, the timber industry had reached the interior regions and the mountains of Pennsylvania. R pidadmente timber became a major Pennsylvania industries. The trees were used as a supply of firewood for home heating, and the tannins extracted were used to cure leather in tanneries that spread quickly throughout the state. In addition wood was used for building furniture, barrels and kegs. Large areas of forests were felled for charcoal to feed as fuel iron furnaces.Rifles and tiles in the region also were constructed from wood from Pennsylvania, as well as a wide variety of household utensils and the first carts called “Conestoga”. The ancient road known as Erie Philadelphia Pike (now Pennsylvania Route 504) was opened in 1821, allowing settlers to easily access the area of Black Moshannon. The first settlements installed taverns along the road where I was often the fur trade of animals and the land cleared of its surroundings in order to develop its agriculture. In the mid-nineteenth century, the demand for lumber reached the area, where eastern white pine and eastern hemlock covered the surrounding slopes.The lumberjacks used to send the logs felled by the Black Moshannon Creek and Moshannon Creek to the west of the Susquehanna River your arm, and then along the chain system known as Susquehanna Boom to the sawmills in the city of Williamsport . Wood also was transported by sleighs and carriages through the hills and valleys to Philipsburg, Julian and Unionville (PA). The Moshannon school, built in the late 1800s and abandoned in 1926. It is the only building from the time of standing timber in the park.The Beaver Mill Lumber Company (Spanish: Company of sawmills The beaver) became one of the largest wood industries throughout Pennsylvania and four other companies also grew rapidly in the area, in the industrial towns of Beaver Mills, Star Underwood Mill and Mills, significantly altering the landscape of the area of Black Moshannon. On the other hand was built a dam at the site had an old beaver dam and filled the ponds with the logs from upriver for sawmills installed near the bay. The surrounding community built warehouses, blacksmith shops, stables, taverns, a school, and even a bowling alley. The area has helped meet the needs of the nation’s wood consumption in mining operations, construction, and rail. A series of trails in the park today remember those days.Although there is an old trail seneca of about 1.3 km long, and is ideal for cross-country skiing and hiking through secondary forests of oak and cherry trees that shade the stumps of old pine trees felled during the age of the wood. The “Shingle Mill Road” is a circuit of 6.4 km in length, beginning at the park’s main parking lot near the Black Moshannon Lake dam and skirts the edge of the creek Black Moshannon to the Allegheny Front and back along the other bank of the creek. The remains of “Star Mill, a sawmill built in 1879 that operated until the end of the era of wood, is located about 3.2 km along the “path Mill Star.This circular walk is ideal for hiking and skiing flat, ending on the shores of Black Moshannon Lake. The rise of the age of the wood did not last forever, no sooner were completed natural resources and forests disappeared, the loggers left the area leaving behind a barren landscape, which remained devastated by erosion and subsequent fires. In the late nineteenth century Pennsylvania bought thousands of acres of deforested and burned, and then began the reforestation project.